Students with mental health concerns often need assistance with ongoing treatment including therapy and/or medication management. This may include assistance with referrals to therapists and psychiatrists in Winston-Salem.

Available Campus Resources

If you have an ongoing mental health concern, please contact either the University Counseling Center or the Student Health Service to schedule an appointment to discuss available resources.

  • University Counseling Center ( 336.758.5273)
    The University Counseling Center provides confidential, short-term individual counseling for various personal issues, including adjustment to university life; stress management; interpersonal relationships with friends, family, or peers; anxiety, depression, substance abuse and eating disorders. In addition, confidential support and counseling groups are offered for a variety of issues. Finally, the University Counseling Center can assist with referrals to therapists and counselors in Winston-Salem when necessary. For more information, please visit the University Counseling Center’s Web Page.
  • Student Health Service (336.758.5218)
    The Student Health Service can assist students with ongoing medication management, on campus pychiatric consulations and assessments, and referrals (when appropriate) to psychiatrists and other mental health providers in Winston-Salem. For more information, please visit the Student Health Service Web Page.
  • Eating Disorders While the transition to college is an exciting time for young adults, full of opportunities for independence and self-discovery, it also comes with an array of stressors, challenges, and life events that must be navigated. It is not unusual for students with a history of an eating disorder to experience a recurrence of eating disorder thoughts and/or behaviors during this time of transition. Wake Forest University has resources available to help students develop a plan to successfully maintain recovery or provide treatment for ongoing symptoms. We recommend that students make an appointment in either the Student Health Service or the University Counseling Center early in the semester to discuss available resources.