Chronic Medical Problems

Students with diagnosed chronic medical problems often need assistance with ongoing treatment, monitoring of laboratory tests, or assistance with housing, dietary, or academic accommodations. This may include assistance with referrals to specialty care here in Winston-Salem or setting up routine lab tests that can be forwarded to doctors back home.

Schedule a Visit at Student Health

We would like to invite you to visit us at the Student Health Service to discuss the resources available to you on campus and in Winston-Salem. Please call the Health Service at 336.758.5218 to schedule an appointment with one of our clinicians after you have received your class schedule if this would be helpful to you. The Mackie Health Center is located on the south side of the gym on the ground floor (our door faces the Athletic Center).


If accommodations are needed for academic, housing, dining or other services while at Wake Forest, thorough documentation of the condition along with recommendations from the attending physician (specialist) must be provided. Following are links to the documents which outline the necessary documentation that will be needed before a determination can be made about requested accommodations:

Required documentation for Housing/Dining accommodations

Information about registering with the Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success

For more information about the Student Health Service please visit our home page. For information about disability services at Wake Forest, please visit the Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success.

If we can be of any other assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us.