Students with diagnosed Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD or ADD) often need assistance with academic support, academic accommodations, and monitoring of medications while away at college. If you have ever been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD there is a chance that this may affect your academic and social success while a student at Wake Forest. The Student Health Service and the Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success strongly recommend that students with ADHD/ADD seek out resources as soon as possible after arriving on campus. Find information about registering with the Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success

Assistance with Stimulant Medication Prescriptions at the Student Health Service

Students who need help obtaining their prescription medications while at Wake Forest will need to provide documentation of the diagnostic evaluation of their ADHD/ADD as well as documentation of the current treatment regimen provided by their physician at home.

Required documentation to receive stimulant medication prescriptions at the Wake Forest Student Health Service:

1. Psychological, pychoeducational, or neuropsychological testing specific for ADHD.

– OR –

2. Documentation of an evaluation based upon current DSM criteria for the diagnosis of ADHD from a physician with expertise in the diagnosis and management of adult and/or adolescent Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder or pediatric ADHD if diagnosed at elementary school age.

– AND –

3. Documentation of the current medication regimen by the prescribing physician.

If this information is not available, the Student Health Service will not be able to provide prescriptions for stimulant medications. Referral for these needed assessments can be arranged in Winston-Salem if necessary.

Schedule a Visit at Student Health

If you have questions about receiving stimulant medications while at Wake Forest, we would like to invite you to visit us at the Student Health Service to discuss the resources available to you on campus and in Winston-Salem. Please call the Health Service at 336.758.5218 to schedule an appointment with one of our clinicians after you have received your class schedule if this would be helpful to you. The Student Health Center is located on the south side of the gym on the ground floor (our door faces the Athletic Center).


There are additional documentation requirements if academic accommodations for ADHD are needed while at Wake Forest. Find information about registering with the Center for Learning, Access, and Student Success.

Please NOTE: Wake Forest does not provide housing or other non-academic accommodations solely on the basis of a diagnosis of ADHD.

If we can be of any other assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us.